Academic Workshops 2013-14
TEACHING SKILLS - workshop
Date and time: Monday, 25 November 2013, 5:20 p.m.
Venue: FT 609
Topic: The academic workshop is devoted to teaching skills. In an open roundtable discussion we will talk about different aspects of academic teaching: How does good teaching look like? Can you learn this? How can we deliver teaching of high quality under other pressures such as need or the need to educate masses of students? The workshop answers questions that could help to enhance your teaching skills.
Participants of the roundtable:
- Thomas Fetzer, IRES
- Marie-Pierre F. Granger, DPP
- Achim Kemmerling, head of the Doctoral School
- Carsten Schneider, Department of Political Science
- Joanna Renc Roe, from CEU's Center for Teaching and Learning
- Renata Kralikova, PhD candidate at DPP (Chair)
PUBLISHING - workshop
Date and time: Tuesday, 24 Sept, 2013 4:30 p.m.
Venue: Gellner room, Monument building
Topic: Nuts and Bolts of Publishing an Academic Book
Speaker: ROGER MALCOLM HAYDON (Cornell University Press)