CEU is a member of the he European Graduate Network (EGN), an organization that brings together graduate students of social sciences from eight leading European universities. EGN organizes a Graduate Network Conference every year, hosted by one of the partner universities.
These conferences give PhD students of the network universities the opportunity to present and discuss their research projects and to refine their theoretical and methodological approaches. They allow for in-depth discussions and thorough feedback.
The member institutions of the EGN network:
- Central European University (CEU), Budapest, Hungary
- European University Institute (EUI), Florence, Italy
- Humboldt Universität (HU), Berlin, Germany
- Instituto Italiano di Scienze Umane (SUM), Florence, Italy
- Institut d‘Études Politiques (SciencesPo), Paris, France
- Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS), Vienna, Austria
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, United Kingdom
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Barcelona, Spain
The network was initiated by students and aims to provide through graduate conferences opportunities for PhD students to improve their research projects. It encourages and facilitates collaborative research of PhD students from the participating universities and aims at establishing academic linkages and cooperation. To date, EGN has organised conferences in Florence (2007), Budapest (2008), Barcelona (2010), Berlin (2012), London (2013), Paris (2014), Florence (2015), Budapest (2016), Barcelona (2017), Berlin (2018) and London (2019).