As a founding member of the Open Society University Network (OSUN), CEU has established the OSUN Modular Doctoral Fellowship program. It supports junior faculty of select OSUN universities who wish to undertake doctoral studies at CEU while maintaining their academic positions and continuing teaching at their home university. The Fellowships are flexibly structured with intermittent periods of residential studies at CEU and cover tuition, travel and living stipends for residencies.
The Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations welcomes applications for the academic year 2022/2023 from junior faculty of the following institutions who wish to pursue a PhD in Political Science:
· Al-Quds University and Al-Quds Bard College of Arts and Sciences (Palestine)
· American University of Bulgaria
· American University of Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan)
· Ashesi University (Ghana)
· BRAC University (Bangladesh)
· European Humanities University (Lithuania)
· Fulbright University Vietnam
· Parami University (Myanmar)
The structure of the Doctoral Program in Political Science is based on a system of ‘tracks’ (areas of specialization, or ‘majors’). The tracks represent academic fields / sub-fields or research areas that reflect the major strengths and interests of our faculty.
The five tracks are:
- Comparative Politics (CP)
- Political Economy (PE)
- Political Theory (PT)
- International Relations (IR)
- Public Policy (PP)
After being admitted to the Doctoral Program, every student becomes the member of the track of their choice. Each track has its specific course requirements and research topics that distinguishes it from the others.
Interested candidates should apply through the standard application procedure. A Modular Doctoral Fellowship applicant should meet all standard CEU requirements and the Doctoral School's specific requirements (click here to review them).
Additionally, the applicants must submit a formal letter of support from the home university (signed by a dean, a chief academic officer/pro-rector or a head of the institution/rector) that confirms the following:
· the scope of the employment,
· the permission to enroll in a modular doctoral program and support to the modular structure of studies that requires time off duty at home university for the periods of residence at CEU,
· university’s commitment to continue the candidate’s academic employment upon the completion of doctoral studies.
A scanned version of the original letter must be uploaded in the documents section of the CEU online application form.
CEU waives tuition fees of the successful applicants. Open Society University Network provides a Fellowship package that covers living stipend for 26 months and travel expenses for the periods of residence at CEU.
The application deadline is February 1, 2022.
For further information review the Call for Applications - 2022/2023 below.
With questions concerning the OSUN Fellowship please write to email@example.com.