The Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations asks applicants to fulfill the following requirements / submit the following documents, in addition to CEU's general admission requirements:
Applicants are expected to hold an internationally recognized Master’s or comparable degree in Political Science, International Relations, Public Policy, or a similar politics- and/or policy related program that provides a relevant academic background for the track to which the candidate applies. A comparable degree in other Social Sciences, Humanities, or other disciplines will also be considered in case of an excellent academic record.
In their online application package, applicants to the Doctoral Program in Political Science need to submit the following documents (School-specific requirements are bolded):
- Completed online CEU PU application form;
- two confidential letters of recommendation (academic);
- relevant undergraduate and graduate transcripts and diplomas;
- a full curriculum vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any;
- a max. 500-word statement of purpose
- a max.1 500-word research proposal (excl. references, bibliography);
- a max. 500-word summary of a submitted or planned MA thesis or other substantial academic work;
- proof of relevant English language competency.