The 14th European Graduate Network Conference 2023
is hosted by Central European University in Vienna
March 30 - 31, 2023
CEU is a member of the European Graduate Network (EGN), an organization that brings together graduate students of social sciences from eight leading European universities. EGN organizes a Graduate Network Conference every year, hosted by one of the partner universities.
These conferences give PhD students of the network universities the opportunity to present and discuss their research projects and to refine their theoretical and methodological approaches. They allow for in-depth discussions and thorough feedback.
The member institutions of the EGN network:
- Berlin Graduate School of Social Sciences (BGSS),Humboldt Universität- Berlin, Germany
- Central European University (CEU) - Vienna, Austria
- European University Institute (EUI) - Florence, Italy
- Institut d‘ Études Politiques (Sciences Po) - Paris, France
- Institut für Politikwissenschaft, Universität Zürich (IPZ) - Zürich, Switzerland
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) - London, United Kingdom
- Scuola Normale Superiore – Faculty of Political and Social Sciences (SNS) - Florence, Italy
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) - Barcelona, Spain
The network was initiated by students and aims to provide through graduate conferences opportunities for PhD students to improve their research projects. It encourages and facilitates collaborative research of PhD students from the participating universities and aims at establishing academic linkages and cooperation. To date, EGN has organised conferences in Florence (2007, 2015, 2022), Budapest (2008, 2016), Barcelona (2010, 2017), Berlin (2012, 2018), London (2013, 2019), Paris (2014), and online (2021).
Programme: 14th European Graduate Network Conference
Some previous conference calls:
European University Insitute, Florence (2022)
Berlin Graduate School of Social Sciences, Berlin (2018)
Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Barcelona (2017)
European University Institute (EUI) and Scuola Normale Superiore – Istituto di Scienze Umane e Sociali (SNS), Florence (2015)